> SHOVEL READY
> UP THE CHAIN
n Construction will begin in summer 2022 on CentrePort Canada Rail Park, a 665-acre rail-served industrial space with logistics infrastructure at CentrePort Canada, North America’s largest trimodal inland port and Foreign Trade Zone, located in Winnipeg and Rosser. The Rail Park will offer access to international air cargo services at CentrePort as well as an interstate at the Canada-U.S. border and the TransCanada Highway. It is also served by three Class 1 rail carriers connecting Canada, the United States, and Mexico.
• Global supply chain management firm AFFLINK hired Todd Gatzulis as senior vice president of business development. Gatzulis joins the company after a long career at consumer products company Henkel/Dial. He will oversee AFFLINK’s supply chain and corporate sales functions.
• Discount grocery chain Sav A Lot appointed Trey Johnson as its new chief merchandising officer. Formerly a high-ranking supply chain and merchandising executive for The Save Mart Companies, Johnson will oversee merchandising, quality assurance, and retail partner/vendor relationships in his new role.
• Arthur Verweij joined Printronix, a manufacturer of industrial grade printing solutions, as the company’s global director, brand and
customer development. Verweij, a 25-year veteran of the specialty printing industry, will work to develop the company’s global omnichannel marketing strategy.
• Ginny Polach, director of human resources for St. Louis-based Sunset Transportation, was named a 2022 Top Woman to Watch in Transportation by the Women in Trucking Association.
• The Home Depot honored Ascend, an Atlanta-based regional logistics provider, as the 2021 Truckload Carrier of the Year (Small Fleet Category) . Ascend was selected for its skill in keeping up with the double-
Polach was cited for her career accomplishments and efforts to promote gender diversity.
digit growth in freight volume the retailer has seen since the
• Made4net, a provider of cloud-based warehouse and supply chain management solutions, was recognized by Frost & Sullivan with the 2021 Product Leadership Award for the North American mid-market WMS market. The award is given each year to a company whose products offer innovative features and functionality and are gaining rapid market acceptance.
start of the pandemic.
• Penske Logistics earned a pair of 2021 Supplier of the Year awards from its long-time customer General Motors. The two honors were in the lead logistics provider category for services provided in Mexico, and for dedicated delivery service efforts to transport service parts to GM dealerships in the United States.
May 2022 • Inbound Logistics 21
Powered by FlippingBook