> SHOVEL READY
• J.B. Hunt Transport Services recognized 69 drivers who logged two, three, or four million miles without a preventable accident as part of its annual Million Mile Celebration . Drivers participated in the Million Mile Walk of Fame at an honorary lunch and awards ceremony, where J.B. Hunt distributed a total of $900,000 in safe- driver bonuses.
n Construction will begin in summer 2022 on the first building in a logistics park along Interstate 85 in
Tuskegee, Alabama, that will total up to 5 million square feet. When fully built, the Regional East Alabama Logistics (REAL) Park will include up to 13 buildings and bring roughly $385 million in new economic capital investment. n DP World completed construction of the first industrial building in the South Carolina Gateway Logistics Park . The park, located at the intersection of Highway 95 between Charleston and Columbia, offers an inland and rail-served platform with close port proximity.
• Labelmaster, a provider of labels, packaging, and technology for hazmat transportation, received an Overdrive Award as part of General Motors’ Supplier of the Year Awards. The award recognizes achievement in sustainability, innovation, relationships, total enterprise cost, launch excellence, and safety. J.B. Hunt Dedicated driver Edwina and her family participate in the Million Mile Walk of Fame at corporate headquarters in Lowell, Arkansas. She is the first female driver in the company's history to achieve three million safe miles. • Minority-owned global supply chain solutions provider Magno International received power management company Eaton’s 2022 Premier Supplier Award . Magno provided exceptional service for Eaton’s critical “line- down” shipments to minimize the cost of time lost on plant shutdowns. • Freight brokerage firm Tucker Company Worldwide is one of Philadelphia’s Top Workplaces 2022, according to Philadelphia Inquirer Top Workplaces. The firm made the list by receiving top marks from employees in 15 cultural drivers including alignment, execution, and connection.
> GREEN SEEDS
• ATA Freight celebrated a green milestone on Earth Day, April 22, 2022—supporting the planting of 252,000 trees in 101 forest gardens
since it began working with Trees for the Future in 2011. The company was also recently recognized with an EcoVadis Bronze Medal Sustainability Leadership Award.
> SEALED DEALS
• Bag retailer and fashion brand Vera Bradley adopted TrueCommerce’s Microsoft Dynamics 365 Supply Chain Management & Finance integration. The solution gives Vera Bradley the ability to automate data transfer between Microsoft Dynamics 365 and its strategic channels.
• Sumitomo Drive Technologies , a manufacturer of power transmission components, selected autonomous mobile robot provider Seegrid’s solutions to support autonomous hauling of parts and equipment between its existing 250,000-square-foot assembly facility and its new 100,000-square-foot warehouse. • Anheuser-Busch InBev implemented incident-monitoring capabilities from Everstream Analytics in order to track potential supply chain disruptions and assess incident impacts and risks.
• Highway Transport, a specialty chemical bulk transportation provider, earned the Responsible Care Partner of the Year Award from the American Chemistry Council for the third time. The award recognizes
performance and safety records in chemical distribution, transportation, storage, use, treatment, disposal, and sales and marketing.
June 2022 • Inbound Logistics 15
Powered by FlippingBook