NOTED [ IN FOCUS ]
The Supply Chain in Brief
> GOOD WORKS
> SEALED DEALS
• Logistics provider cargo-partner , along with aid organization
Jugend Eine Welt and its partner, the Salesians of Don Bosco, are working together in Moldova to help young refugees from Ukraine overcome trauma and integrate into their new country. The project benets 40 refugee children and 40 Moldovan children.
> UP THE CHAIN
• Dana Duckworth joined AFFLINK, a supply chain solutions marketplace provider, as vice president of supply chain solutions. Her role includes developing end-user business in key market segments and leveraging relationships within the supplier/distributor community to drive growth. Duckworth previously coached women’s gymnastics at the University of Alabama.
• Shanghai-based electronic components manufacturer Siemens Switchgear embarked on the second phase of a smart manufacturing automation project that adds Geek+ goods-to-person picking and materials handling robots to Siemens’ warehouse.
• Toyota Motor in Kazakhstan expanded its partnership with logistics provider Gebrüder Weiss to include spare parts distribution, auto transport, daily parts deliveries, and warehouse logistics.
• Kari-Out, a manufacturer, importer, and distributor of take- out food containers, named Mitch Kahn vice president of manufacturing and supply chain management and hired Dave Fredrickson as vice president of sales.
• Electric carmaker Lucid Group appointed Evelyn Chiang (pictured) as VP of process transformation and Walter Ludwig as VP of global logistics. Chiang has held executive leadership roles at SAP, Tesla, and other global technology companies and was most recently COO at Siteimprove.
• Home accessories designer Creative Co-Op selected the GAINS Performance Optimization Platform to improve visibility throughout its growing multi-channel businesses.
• AMPORTS, a North American auto processor, selected AI-based yard management optimization software from INFORM . The company will implement the software at its Jacksonville, Florida and Benicia, California terminals, among other locations. • Grocery and convenience item distributor Blue Sky Distribution now manages its rapid e-commerce growth and extreme peaks in order volumes using the Descartes OzLink Mobile Warehouse solution.
• Marc Rodriguez was hired as director of warehouse operations for the kegs services and supply chain management team at Hillebrand, a logistics services provider to the alcoholic beverage industry. • Bolloré Logistics appointed Francois-Xavier Colin to the position of general manager of supply chain for the Americas. In this new role, Colin is responsible for leading strategy and process, and growing the company’s contract logistics business line in the United States, Canada, and Latin America.
16 Inbound Logistics • September 2022
Powered by FlippingBook