NOTED [ IN FOCUS ]
The Supply Chain in Brief
> SEALED DEALS
> GOOD WORKS
• CEVA Logistics signed a ve-year,
• Long Island, New York, hunger-relief organization Island Harvest Food Bank is the latest beneciary of the community outreach support program run by Transervice Logistics , a provider of customized eet maintenance and
omnichannel logistics contract with Sephora in Brazil to provide logistics services for
transportation solutions. Transervice recently donated 11 boxes of food and supplies to support the food bank’s network of community-based nonprot organizations. • To help Taiwan, which was hard hit by the pandemic, global transportation specialist Dimerco delivered 165 pallets of COVID test kits via commercial air freight from Hong Kong. Dimerco consolidated the cargo into a single ight.
stores and e-commerce fulllment. In addition, CEVA will provide climate-controlled infrastructure to meet Sephora's product requirements.
• Gummy candy brand HARIBO tapped ODW Logistics to help streamline distribution capabilities and scale operations. ODW now provides warehousing and logistics services for HARIBO’s rst North American manufacturing facility in Pleasant Prairie, Wisconsin.
> GREEN SEEDS
• Penske Truck Leasing added Orange EV electric terminal trucks across the United States. The vehicles are designed for trailer-handling operations in truck yards, warehousing and distribution centers, and container terminals, and can operate up to 24 hours on a single charge.
• Modular Assembly Innovations, which provides manufacturing assembly solutions and other services to automakers such as Honda, partnered with Coltrane Logistics a preferred provider of transportation services, to increase efciency and ensure on-time delivery to tier-one global automotive suppliers. • GEODIS was appointed the Ofcial Freight Carrier of the Rugby World Cup 2023 in France. In its agreement with the France 2023 Organizing Committee, GEODIS committed to providing bespoke logistics services with the target of having the lowest possible environmental impact.
• The City of Helsingborg, home to Sweden’s fifth-largest port, is launching the Helsingborg Declaration, a pact meant to be the logistics sector’s equivalent to the Paris Agreement. Its mission is to make logistics climate-neutral by 2030.
• Eyewear retailer Zenni chose Oracle’s NetSuite software solution to automate manual processes—including budgeting and reporting—across countries and subsidiaries, supporting global expansion and increasing supply chain efciency.
• Fresh Freight, a full-service food transportation provider, picked Dole Fresh Fruit as the winner of its annual Shipper of Choice Award. The award recognizes partners that consistently operate at an ecient level to combat driver detention, provide accessible facilities, and display supply chain leadership.
26 Inbound Logistics • July 2022
Powered by FlippingBook